Monday, June 3, 2019

help


HELP! This was my cry, my plea all day. I jumped back on social media to ask for help from a specific group of people, motorcyclists. I was getting ready to leave this morning to a doctors appointment when Nicodemus was leaking gas from one of the four carburetors. I didn't panic. I knew somewhat of the problem and I knew somewhat of the solution. I really didn't want to deal with this 3 days before riding cross country. So, I began working the solution.....after I began to Have Everything Lifted in Prayer.

I ceased worrying about what it might be and began praying, asking for help. I even asked Nicodemus to pray; 'C'mon buddy, if you want another adventure, you gotta help me.'

In normal (non sabbatical) circumstances, I would have lost my $#!7. I was still anxious but not so much worried.

Jesus tells his friends to not worry about tomrorow....
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
- Matthew 6:31-34

After dinner, I headed back to the garage to tackle the obvious.  I had tried to work a simple solution of not having to take the carburetors off the bike but it was futile.  After pulling the carburetors in 45 minutes (a task that used to take me hours) I tackled the difficulty of reseating a float needle, putting the bike back together and seeing no identifiable issues going forward.  Tomorrow I will tighten everything up and go over the bike again and again.

I did call a local service garage just to see if I needed to have the bike serviced, the mechanic told me I should rethink riding a 20 year old bike cross country and buy a newer model.  This is just another chapter in the history Nicodemus and I have.

Pope Francis was quoted for saying "You pray for the hungry then you feed them.  This is how prayer works."  Or as I said today....HELP! Having Everything Lifted in Prayer.  It is never a bad thing to ask for HELP.  So if you are reading this, please pray for safe travels for me, Nicodemus and our family. TIA 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holden Part 3 - Worship

"Everything on earth will  worship  you; they will sing your praises, shouting your name in glorious songs.” - Psalm 66:4 Let everyth...