Monday, May 6, 2019

Keeping Track

I decided to use this blog as a way of journalling through Our Sabbatical.  This gives me an opportunity to reflect on the journey of sabbath and this sabbatical as it happens.  It also gives other people in my life to connect to seeing what is happening and how God might be speaking during our sabbatical.

Yesterday was my last Sunday in worship with my congregation, the people who have loved me through ministry together these almost 7 years, Saint Mark's Lutheran Church in Waukesha, WI.  As part of the last blessing toward the end of worship we promised to pray for each other during this time and to see where God might be leading us during Our Sabbatical.  I went and watched the live feed of our worship service that gets recorded and there were several emotional parts to that service, but there was a scene were my daughter N. put her arm around me to remind me this is all gonna be alright.

I have 3 more days in the office before Our Sabbtical begins on the Sunday of May 12th.  Today was about reflecting on the blessing of leading worship, preaching, and loving the people God has placed before me these past few years.  I am also letting go of rhythms that are part of my call as pastor.  I didn't read and pray over the upcoming preaching Scripture.  I haven't clicked on leadership or preaching podcasts for nurishment.  I haven't opened a commentary or looked at my study bible.  So much of me is wrapped up in the rhythms I have come to appreciate about my vocation as pastor.  So, now I will learn to allow the identity of who God calls me to be with pure grace.  

If you are reading this I invite you to lift up in prayer the people who call me pastor and myself as we embark in this new journey we are calling Our Sabbatical.

2 comments:

  1. Sue and I are looking forward to your blog posts, Pastor Andy. Best wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just booked marked your blog page - Peace and Renewal.... Bill and Debbie Wagner

    ReplyDelete

Holden Part 3 - Worship

"Everything on earth will  worship  you; they will sing your praises, shouting your name in glorious songs.” - Psalm 66:4 Let everyth...